ST. PADDY’S: List Of Events | News
Here is a selection of Des Moines events this weekend to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day:
Leprechaun Chase 10K – Principal Park – Saturday – 9 a.m. – $25 – $40
The male and female runners compete in the 10K race for a free drink for their gender at the Green Beer Block Party at the Royal Mile.
The Royal Mile’s St. Patty’s Day Celebration and 10K After Party – Royal Mile – Saturday – 9 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Food and beverages available under heated tents with prizes for best costumes.
Mickey’s St. Patty’s Bridge Bash – Court Avenue Bridge – Saturday from 12.00 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. – $10 or $15 for both days
Bands including Decoy, Lesson 7, Pie in the Sky and The LA Riots will perform Saturday evening.
St Patrick’s Day Parade – 5th street and MLK to Grand Avenue to 8th – Saturday – 12.00 p.m. – Free
Reception follows the new parade route at the Marriott.
St. Patrick’s Day Jam – Wooly’s – Saturday – Doors open 3.00 p.m. – $5 (16+)
Mooseknuckle, Steve Pellow & The Trio featuring Kyle Gowin, Mighty Shady & The Colt Walkers scheduled to play.
Jump N Jackpot – Pump It Up, Urbandale – Sunday – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – $10 per child
Child-centered Irish entertainment at Pump It Up with a pizza party, green drinks, special St Patty’s day craft and lots of leprechaun jumping.
Other selected metro St. Paddy’s destinations:
- Beechwood Lounge on E Walnut St. has live music and drinks specials.
- Bennigan’s on Merle Hay Road has a tent party with music from 5 p.m.
- The Chip Shop in Ames will be serving corn beef & cabbage and Irish inspired ice cream all weekend.
- Court Avenue Brewing Company has an Irish red brew Irish food special.
- Des Moines Social Club on Walnut St. hosts a Celebration of Irish culture from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday with Irish dancers and live music. $15 at the door.
- Down Under Bar & Grill on Hickman Road has live music and $1 green shots and free Irish stew Sunday
- Dublin Bay in Ames has Irish dancers performing from 5 p.m. and live music from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Flanagan’s Restaurant & Lounge on Ingersoll has an outdoor tent with drink and food specials
- Limey’s Pub on grand Ave has bagpipers from 6 p.m. and drink specials
- Mickey Finn’s in Urbandale will be giving away beads and t-shirts
- Mickey’s Irish Pub in Clive has an outdoor tent and Irish food and drink specials
- Mickey’s Irish Pub in Waukee has Scottish bagpipes playing from 1.30 p.m. Sunday
- Murphy’s Bar and Grill in Urbandale will have live music from 9 p.m. Saturday
- Pints Pub N Patio on Court Ave. has a beer pong tournament on the patio Saturday.
- Raccoon River Brewing Company on 10th St.
- Sully’s Irish Pub in West Des Moines will have Star 102.5 broadcast live through the whole day. Have outdoor tent and drink specials.