PRAIRIE MEADOWS: Luncheon To Celebrate Donations | Events
As one of the metro’s premier entertainment venue, Prairie Meadows’ revenue runs in the hundreds-of-millions.
Polk County, as owner, is beneficiary of the profits. In the past year, the non-profit provided the area with $84.9 million in charitable giving and taxes.
To celebrate, the venue will hold its Impact Luncheon on Monday, March 4th, at The Meadows Events and Conference Center.
Guests will be made up of recipients of the following:
- $763,000 in unrestricted funds to the public school districts in Polk County
- $4.3 million to the City of Des Moines
- $5.2 million in community charitables, including 262 Community Betterment Grants and 10 Legacy Grants
- $26 million to Polk County
- $48.6 million in state gaming and regulatory taxes
Prairie Meadows has so far given more than $1 billion through taxes, grants and charitable donations to the state of Iowa.
For more information on this year’s grant recipients, visit their website.